The dartboard is a popular game that can be found in many homes and pubs around the world. Did you know that the dartboard is also used in international competitions? In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what dartboard is used in the world championship. We’ll also discuss some of the different types of darts that are used in this competition. So, if you’re interested in learning more about the sport of darts, then keep reading.
Read more: Dartboard games and rules-you should know
Two types of dartboards
what dartboard is used in the world championship: the standard dartboard and the electronic dartboard? The standard dartboard is made of wood or cork, and it has a diameter of 18 inches. The electronic dartboard is made of plastic, and it has a diameter of 15.5 inches.
The standard dartboard is used in most of the world championship matches. The electronic dartboard is used in a few matches, but it is not as popular as the standard dartboard.
Types of darts used in international competition
|Steel-tipped dart||Soft-tip dart||Plastic-tipped dart|
|The steel-tipped dart is the most popular type of dart that is used in international competitions. The steel-tipped dart is made of steel, and it has a diameter of 0.50 inches.||The soft-tip dart is made of nylon, and it has a diameter of 0.40 inches.||The plastic-tipped dart is made of plastic, and it has a diameter of 0.50 inches.|
Types of the world championship match
|Singles match||Doubles match|
|Each player throws three darts per turn. In a doubles match, each team consists of two players, and each player throws three darts per turn. The singles match is the most popular type of world championship match.||The doubles match is not as popular as the singles match, but it is still played in some world championship matches.|
Process of entre in the world championship
- To enter the world championship, players must first qualify through a series of regional and national tournaments. The top players from each region will then advance to the world championship.
- Players can also qualify for the world championship by winning major tournaments, such as the UK Open or the World Grand Prix.
- Once a player has qualified for the world championship, they will be placed into a draw. The draw will determine which players will play against each other in the first round of the tournament.
- The world championship is played over a period of two weeks. The first week is known as the “group stage”, and the second week is known as the “knockout stage”.
- Players who lose in the first round of the knockout stage will be eliminated from the tournament. Players who win in the first round of the knockout stage will advance to the second round, and so on until there is only one player remaining. This player is declared the winner of the world championship.
Where international championship occurs
The world championship is held in a different country each year. The venue for the tournament is typically a large arena or stadium that can accommodate a large number of spectators.
Some of the most recent venues for the world championship include:
- Alexandra Palace, London, England
- Coventry Skydome, Coventry, England
- Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
- First Direct Arena, Leeds, England
- SAP Center, San Jose, California, USA
- The O2 Arena, London, England
What is the prize money
The prize money for the world championship is $1 million. The winner of the tournament will receive $400,000, and the runner-up will receive $200,000. The prize money is distributed evenly among the players who finish in 3rd to 16th place.
I am Ahmad. I live in the united states. I am founder of Dartboard.reviews. Dartboard started from a discussion between many friends. they love to play dartboard then we decided to provide tips and tricks about this game. we also want to provide the best dartboard if anyone likes to play.
if you want to know about us more then you can visit our about us page.